If you are eyeing bmw dealership chicago, you should learn to wait to get the best deals. Before you negotiate the price, it is important that you are aware of the best time of the year to buy a car, in general. If you have the luxury of waiting, you may be able to save hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
Here’s the list of the best time to buy a BMW:
• Shopping early in the week: shopping early in the week and not on weekends can make a difference. Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays are perfect days to shop because of the less customer traffic. If there is less traffic, it will mean that you have better chances of getting good deals. Keep in mind that dealerships are often crowded during the weekends. If you happen to shop around during these times, negotiating will be harder.
- Shopping late in the year: the months of October, November, and December are the perfect time to shop and buy a car. During these times, the dealers are meeting sales quotas. The salesperson will have one or more deals to offer you for the sake of meeting their sales quotas.
- Shopping late in the month: you already know that if they have sales deadlines, they tend to offer good deals. The same is true for monthly sales quota. It will be to your benefit if you walk into a dealership in the last days of the calendar month. To be successful, try shopping for a car on the 26th, 27th or 28th of the month. If it is the month of February, consider a few days earlier.
- Shop during the holiday season: holiday sales offer big discounts compared to regular days. There are three holidays that you need to remember – Memorial Day, Black Friday and New Year’s Eve. Dealers during the Memorial Day usually cut the prices because new models tend to trickle around the middle of the year. The dealers also take part in Black Friday sale craze; during this holiday, you will surely find low car prices. Finally, the New Year’s Eve may be the best day to buy a car; this is because salespeople are facing annual quotas and if they meet their goals, they will earn a hefty bonus. For this reason, they will offer favorable deals easier.
- Shopping when the next year’s model arrives: when manufacturers release the new model, dealers are forced to sell the older stocks quickly to make room for the new one. With this, you will see older car models at affordable prices.